IMPORTANT! Make sure to read everything on this page and watch video tour before booking a reservation
DUE TO COVID 19 clients will no longer be able to enter the dog house for safety reasons - since this is a residential home. Drop offs and pickups of your pets will be done in the outside yard only while remaining at a social distance. If the whole family comes only have 1-2 people handling the pets while the rest stay in the vehicle. If you are a new client that has not been in the dog house before there is a video below that shows you a tour of inside. Thank you for understanding!
Click the video above to see a tour of boarding home
Why you should board with us:
1. Pet(s) stay in an actual home with a/c!
2. A large grass yard for dogs to run & play!
3. Pet(s) are not kept in outdoor kennels.
4. Very affordable prices - no hidden charges.
5. A pet family can stay together - but must be from the same household.
6. We accept most breeds - including Pitbulls, Dobermans, & Shepherds (at this time we do not accept Akitas)
7. We will provide text or email updates with pictures!
8. We have insurance & certified in Pet CPR.
9. We have a permit with Pinal County Animal Control that requires annual inspections and surprise visits from inspectors.
10. We have an A+ rating with the BBB!
11. Our home is a "smart" home for the safety of your pets. We have sensors/cameras that notify us immediately if anything needs our attention.
Hours that clients can come to drop off or pick up their pets is from 6:00 AM - 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, by appointment only! Clients cannot come from 10:30 AM - 3:30 PM, even if you return to town during those times.
Clients need to make their own reservations online by following the instructions and steps listed below - READ THEM ALL BEFORE PROCEEDING!
NEW CLIENTS must also complete questionnaire and send current vaccine records to us AT SAME TIME you make appointments - or they will be canceled! These items determine if we can board your pets or not, so they need to be provided right away.
CONSULTATIONS: Even though it is not required, you are welcome to book an appointment to see the dog house before making a boarding reservation - but due to Covid 19 the meeting will take place in backyard only as this is a residential home. You can see the inside by watching video above. Also if you are going to take the time to come we request that you bring your dog(s) as well so we can meet them. We will also want to meet your dogs in advance if they are timid/scared/aggressive with strangers to see if they would be a good fit with us. Just follow the directions below for making appointments - and choose "Boarding/overnights (Initial Consult for new client)" from the list of services. You will also need to complete new client questionnaire and send current shot records (see farther below) as soon as you book a consult appointment - as your answers and records will confirm in advance whether we can even board your pets or not and will save you a trip if we are unable to do so.
If you are needing to board pet(s) within the next 5 days or less contact Heather first to check for availability before proceeding. If you are unable to book a reservation using the online calendar (Step 2) contact Heather before taking the time to complete questionnaire - as we may be booked up.
Do NOT book a consultation or boarding reservation if you do not have time to complete the new client questionnaire as well (Step 3). They must be done AT THE SAME TIME - because your answers will determine if we can board your pet(s) or not. Return later when you have time to do both. If you make a reservation without completing the questionnaire your appointments will be canceled.
STEP 1 (New & Existing clients): Make sure you have current proof of the required vaccinations for all pet(s) - they are listed near bottom of page below. Then continue with Steps 2 & 3. If you are not sure you have proper paperwork you can send them to Heather for review before proceeding.
STEP 2 (New & Existing clients): To make a reservation click on "book reservation" button below - it will take you to our online calendar so you can see what times are available on the dates you need. You will need to book an appointment for "drop off" and another for "pick up" (that means 2 separate appointments) - the appointments you book will be exactly when you need to arrive to drop off and pick up. You do NOT need to book appointments for every day in between that you are boarding. Choose the service from the list that reflects the number and type of pets you have. The owner of the pet(s) must make the reservation - it cannot be done by a friend/family member!
Example for booking: you want to board 1 dog for a few days. After you access our calendar by clicking "book reservation" button below, you will choose the service "Boarding/overnights (1 dog) DROP OFF TIME from the scroll down list - then pick an available date & time for drop off that you want. Next you will go back to the beginning and now choose the service "Boarding/overnights (1 dog) PICK UP TIME - and then choose an available date & time for pickup. Your reservation will NOT be confirmed until you have received an email from us that is titled "OPEN & READ! need to confirm". So make sure you provide an email address that you look at on a regular basis and a good cell number if we need to reach you! You will be required to setup an account with a password when booking - make note of that for future access!
STEP 3 (New Clients): so that we can provide the best care for your pet(s) please click on the "Questionnaire" button below and complete the form that pops up by typing in your answers. This is our care sheet for your pets so provide details! You do not need to fill out questionnaire again if you are an existing client, unless your info/pets have changed. New clients - do NOT complete form until you have done Step #2 first or checked with Heather for availability - because we may be booked during the dates you need. Also the owner of the pets being boarded must complete the form - NOT a friend/family member.
Boarding in an actual home!
For the pets that need more attention we offer boarding in a home environment. Dogs and cats stay in rooms (bedrooms) inside a home with a/c and heating - and there is acreage for dogs to run and play. This is not your average kennel facility. However, since we do keep multiple dogs at one time they do not have the run of the home. They go outside three times during the day for exercise/potty breaks - and socialization if you wish. But we realize not all dogs play well with others, so those dogs would be kept separate from other pets. We accept all sizes and most breeds of dogs. We also board cats and small caged pets. We want to make sure that all boarded animals have the attention they deserve so we only watch a limited number at one time. It is important to book ahead! To see a tour of the dog house just click on the video to the left.
$15 a night for caged pets (rabbits, reptiles, exotics, etc...)
owner needs to provide cage/bedding - do NOT keep birds!
$20 a night (24 hrs) for 1 cat - add $15 a night per additional cat
cats are kept separate from other dogs unless same family
$28 a night (24 hrs) for 1 dog - add $22 a night per additional dog
$16 daycare (no overnight) for 1 dog - add $11 per additional dog
If you have more than 4 pets that need to be boarded or need boarding for more than 1 month - contact us first to make sure we can accommodate you. We are a small facility and have limited room.
NOTE: you have to be the sole owner of ALL pets under a single reservation to receive the above discounted fee for multiple pets!!
An additional fee may occur on certain Holidays. There may also be additional fees for special needs animals that require more attention and/or medicine.
Rate Discount available for extended stays of 10+ days. However, we are a small facility. So if you need to board long term (a month or more) - you need to contact us first to make sure we can accommodate you.
FAQs from clients:
1. How many dogs do you board at once? Will there be other dogs there while my dog(s) are boarded? - yes there will always be other dogs being boarded - because this is all that we do. Our average is 5 to 18 dogs at a time, but can be busier during the summer and Holidays.
2. Are there any reasons you cannot board a dog? - We cannot board dogs that currently have a contagious condition or poor health, if they need insulin shots, if they bark excessively when shut in a room or left alone, if they are destructive or hard to handle/control, females that are not spayed (could go into heat), or dogs that are aggressive towards strangers. Also if your dog gets sick shortly before boarding they must be seen by a vet beforehand and we must be notified of any new illness or medications right away to confirm if we can still board them or not.
3. Do you offer a crate-free facility? We try not to crate dogs as long as they are well-behaved. But sometimes they act different in a strange environment than at home. They can suffer from separation anxiety and try to get out of their room or be destructive. In those situations we have to crate the dog. The crates are very large and the dogs go outside multiple times during the day. Being crated can also make the dog feel more safe and secure - especially if they have been properly crate trained already. But if you are adamant about not crating your dog if needed then we would not be able to board them.
4. How far in advance do I need to book my reservation? - this is a small facility in high demand so book as soon as you know the dates. We tend to book up quickly in the summer, holidays, and school breaks. You can book up to a year in advance.
5. Do my dog(s) stay in their room all the time? - Yes except when they go outside for break times (which are at least 3 times a day). We keep multiple dogs at any given time and cannot let them all have the run of the house. Plus the room they stay in is a FULL SIZE bedroom. But if your dog tends to bark a lot when shut in a room then our boarding facility would not work for them since it is an actual home in a residential area instead of a commercial place.
6. Do you offer Doggie Daycare? - NO we do not offer regular daycare where your dog(s) come on a daily basis while you go to work. We are a small facility in high demand and need to keep space available for clients wanting multiple day boarding for when they go out of town. But we do offer daycare every now and then for our regular boarding clients that may want to go on a day trip, are remodeling their home, having a party, etc...
7. Where do cats stay? If you are only boarding cat(s) then they stay in the master bathroom (which is a good size). Dogs stay in the bedrooms throughout the house. If you are boarding both dog(s) and cat(s) from the same family then they would stay in a bedroom together if they get along. Limit of 2 cats from same family can be boarded at one time. We also provide a litter box.
8. Do you live in the house where the dogs are boarded? Is there someone there 24/7? - No we don't live there, we have a personal home next door where we sleep. We need to use all the bedrooms at the boarding home to spread the dogs around, so they are not all crowded together in one room. We are there most of the day, but when we are not, all the dogs are secure inside their rooms. We also have it set up as a "smart" home with cameras and sensors that notify us immediately if anything needs our attention.
9. How long do my dog(s) get to stay outside during break time? - It really depends on the dog. Most of the time dogs do their business and then start scratching at the door. We don't leave them outside if they want to come back in. Especially in the heat.
10. What do you do in case of an emergency health situation with a pet? - We are certified in pet CPR and/or we will take them to the nearest 24 hour vet clinic (if your vet you normally use is not open). We will also try to reach you right away.
11. What if I want to pickup my pet(s) earlier than my scheduled appointment? -You must call or text in advance to see if possible - do NOT just show up! We might have other appointments during that time. Plus our boarding home is in a residential neighborhood and our zoning permit with Pinal County prefers that multiple cars do not arrive at same time - to control traffic in and out.
12. Your hours that clients can come are not convenient with my travel schedule - why can't I come during the hours 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM? - there are a few reasons...(1) this is a private home (2) we let clients come as early as 6:00 am and as late as 10:00 pm - local vet clinics and most other boarding facilities do not offer that (3) we work 7 days a week, 365 days/year, including Holidays! So for all the above reasons we need to block off some personal time for ourselves.
13. Do you have references? - Yes we have a lot of client references that you can read by going to the "testimonials" tab.
14. How long have you been in business? - Since April 2007
Items to bring when boarding:
1. Provide your own pet food. If you like to bag each meal make sure to bring extra just in case you get delayed returning.
2. Medications (if applicable) and what you give meds with (hot dogs, peanut butter, cheese, pill pockets, etc.) - again make sure to provide extra just in case you get delayed returning.
3. Recent shot records from a vet or low-cost clinic must be sent in advance of reservation - see below for what we need exactly.
4. A collar or a harness must be on all dogs that they cannot slip out of - we need to be able to get a hold of them.
5. Provide payment when dropping off (in cash, check, Zelle, or Venmo) - we can also accept a credit card but there will be a 3% fee added to your total.
6. Treats and toys (optional) - NO raw hides or meaty bones.
7. For small pets (birds, rodents, etc.) - need to provide cage, food and extra clean bedding.
If you still have any questions after reading all of the above then click on "Chat with Heather" at the bottom right corner of website. If she does not reply within a few minutes then she may be with clients or busy with pets - so send her a text or email instead (go to Contact page for more info).
Important: Veterinary proof of shot records are required for all dogs & cats to board. For dogs we need current parvo/distemper combo, rabies, and bordetella (3 vaccines). Regarding rabies - we will need the actual certificate that shows the manufacturer and serial number of vaccine. For cats we need current FVRCP and rabies. We will also accept proof of shots provided by a low cost vaccine clinic. We WILL NOT accept pets that have been vaccinated by a breeder or their owners. Paperwork needs to show the name of vet clinic (on their letterhead), current owner's name (needs to match name on boarding reservation/questionnaire), pet's name, and expiration dates of each vaccine - dates vaccines were given are not enough as vaccines can expire anywhere from 6 months to 3 years. We cannot board any dog/cat without the above required vaccines due to our permit with Animal Control (no exceptions!) - even if you have a note from the vet stating that your pet cannot have certain vaccines due to age or allergic reaction. Also note that if you have to get any of the above shots close to boarding make sure it is at least 10 days before you drop off your pet(s) as it takes a while for the vaccines to get through a pet's system and become effective (ex: bordetella can take about 2 weeks depending on how it is administered). Feel free to email/text Heather to double check the deadline requirement depending on your situation. We require that you either email, fax, or text a picture of vaccine paperwork to us in advance of your reservation to confirm you have the correct ones - just go to contact page for info.
IF YOU ARE NEEDING TO DROP OFF WITHIN 2 WEEKS OR LESS SEND US YOUR VACCINE PAPERWORK FIRST TO MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.
Hours for drop off and pickup:
Since this is a private home there are certain hours clients can come which must be made by appointment:
6:00 am to 10:00 am
4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
254 E. Ranch Road
San Tan Valley, AZ 85140
(Off of Ironwood about 1 mile North of Ocotillo Rd)
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There are no partial refunds, even if you return early to pick up your pet. Boarding cancellations made without a 72 hour notice will result in a 30% cancellation fee based on total fee quoted to you - and 50% on Holidays. This fee also applies to "no shows". We are a small boarding facility and when you make a reservation with us a spot is held just for your pet(s). When we accept your appointment we inevitably turn away other clients looking for the same service - especially during Holidays and school breaks.